May 12, 2013

Instagram Coasters!

Over the weekend I finally crossed one project off my ever growing Pinterest to-do list! Instagram coasters! This project only cost me $2.50 because I had all the other supplies but even if you had to buy all the supplies in one go, it wouldn't be very expensive!

Materials:
- Instagram pictures (I narrowed it down to 15)
- 4x4 white ceramic tiles
- Decoupage
- Foam brush
- Clear spray paint
- Glue gun
- Felt or cork 

Step one: print photos. I printed these as 4x6 and that left me with an extra 2 inches of white space that I just cut off to make the picture 4x4 to fit the tile

 

Step two: apply a thin layer of decoupage to the tile with foam brush



Step three: place picture on top of tile

(Do this step to all the tiles before step four. This gives the pictures a little while to set so they don't move around so much)

Step four: apply another thin layer of decoupage to the top of the photo. 

(Do this very lightly and pay attention to your brush strokes, as they will show later on if you look closely at your coaster)

Optional: you can apply a second coat of decoupage if you want
 
 

Step five: after your decoupage has dried arrange your coasters outside and apply 1-2 thin coats of clear spray paint or a waterproof sealer.


Step six: cut out squares of felt or cork, whatever you have handy.

Step seven: glue onto the back of the tile and once it's dry you're good to go!

 

And you're DONE!



Notes:
I happened to have a can of clear spray paint but I think if I made these again I would opt for some waterproof sealer because I have noticed a bit of discoloration on some of the coasters but nothing major. Also, I wish I had some cork on hand because I think that would have looked nicer on the bottom, even though no one ever really sees the bottom!
 

 
 
I am so glad I finally made these. They were VERY easy to make and they're so fun to have around and guests love looking through all the photos! 

Any fun crafts you guys have made or Pinterest projects you've tackled? 

1 comments:

Blog Designed by The Single Momoirs